[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dutch Stuff

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Fri Feb 6 17:41:28 PST 2004

Isn't it great how every country has at least one "special" folk drink
(usually of high proof) with local and personal variations. The USA has
"Moonshine" corn whiskey, Brazil has Cachaca rum , Ireland has "Pots
Still" (Poteen) and I know just about every Scandinavian country has
something "out back in the shed..."  variations on Akvavit

and they probably all have many many songs about them!   (OKOM content)

Dave Richoux (my personal preference is Laphroaig - but I have enjoyed
some interesting drinks from all over the globe from time to time ;-)