[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dutch Stuff

Aad Overeem aad.overeem at wanadoo.nl
Sat Feb 7 01:45:14 PST 2004

 Hi Craig,

 Thanks for your reply.
 They 'treated' you on 'Jenever' or Dutch Gin.
 'Sauce' in Dutch 'Saus' or 'Jus' that's more something like 'Gravy'
 We have Jenever in many variations like 'Oude (=Old) Jenever' - 'Jonge
 (=Young) Jenever' - 'Korenwijn or Koren Jenever'  Koren= Corn.
 They all taste more or less different. And it's a favorite of elderly
 people, Ooops, I think I'm elderly myself ;-}
 My late Granddad made it himself.
 Jenever certainly is not my favorite, I prefer an Old Scottish Malt Whisky
 or a 'Beerenburg' or 'Schelvispekel' also a traditional Dutch alcoholic
 refreshments.

 Cheers,

 Aad Overeem (pronounced 'Aahd Overaim')

Musical content <"2 lips from Amsterdam">

<dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>