[Dixielandjazz] RE: DJML In the beginning

CreightB at aol.com CreightB at aol.com
Wed Feb 4 15:09:08 PST 2004

Hi all,

I looked up some copied discussions from July of 95, and so I'm assuming
shortly before that is when I did sign on the list.  Someone mentioned Bill Dendle
perhaps being the first to leave, and that rings a bell.  Chris Tyle got
leaped on, as I recall, for saying something like any tuba player doing 4-beat
should lose his/her tuba.  Several of the discussions I printed out were by Chris
Tyle in July '95.  He and Brian Towers seemed to be large contributors on the
history and such of jazz.  Some names I see from July 95 are:  Dr. Michael
Rader, Colin J. Bray, Ed Metz Sr., Don Mopsick, Dave Littlefield, E.K. Newman,
Bill Dendle, Dick Kammeier, Rex Allen, Brian C. White, M. Logsdon,
"Oliver1923", Karen Quick, Steve Hoog, Floyd Levin, and Chris Tyle.

Creight Bricker
Grand Junction, CO
Lurker and fan and non-musician