[Dixielandjazz] Feitelbaum

Craig Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 4 11:54:10 PST 2004

| ...Mother-in law nagging in the rear...and it's Feitlebaum!  That's the
way
| it is spelled on the Spike Jones album I am looking at.

 Not for me....
I don't care if I missed some ethnic joke based on what Feitelbaum
(which would be pronounced "Fight el baum" by the way) --
might mean in German (or more probably, Yiddish) --
to me and all my contemporaries from the high school classes of '52
it was and shall always be  "Beedle-bom."

Liner notes on 78 rpm records? or were we into vinyl lps by then?

Craig