[Dixielandjazz] Laughs and Ringwald

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Tue Feb 3 16:22:14 PST 2004

jazzboard at hotmail.com writes:

> What actually occurred was that about a month later one of my students (I
> taught a music class at the high school not from from the bar where the
> break in happened) asked if I wanted to buy a banjo for 25 bucks. I almost
> said "no" but something told me to proceed a bit further. When the kid
> showed me the banjo I was staring at the very same instrument the little
> sonovabitch stole out of my car.
>
> Turned out the kid's garage was full of stolen stuff and the cops closed the
>
> books on a lot of minor theft reports.
>
> Is that funny or what!!!

Yep it's funny alright, but ya gotta love those young entrepeneurs in the
land of Free Enterprise, it could have been worse Bill, he could have been
dealing drugs :)

Just Say no Kid,  apparently he did and went into the music instrument
reselling business instead.

I find it especially funny that he knew where his market was for his
merchandise, shame on you for contributing to the delinquency of a minor buy buying
stolen merchandise, I hope they arrested you for trying to Fence it back to
Ringwald.   You should have admonished the child politely upon the greater virtues
of honesty and integrity so he could have grown up to be a respectable
musician.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins