[Dixielandjazz] Laughs and Ringwald

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 19:52:27 PST 2004

Listmates,

Ringwald responded to Tommy's request to tell about when he drove a car:

>Tommy, it is true that I have driven a car several times.  However, the
>stories have grown so out of hand that, if everyone who claims that they
>were there, really were, I would have been driving a Greyhound bus.  It is
>wonder that "Ringwald driving a bus" has not become an urban legend.

I have driven Bob in my car a whole buncha times but I would NEVER let that
dude get behind the wheel.

He is amazing, however. He knows where all the streets are and, when you're
driving him someplace, he'll give you the directions as to where to turn and
which house it is.

One time I loaned him my ski boots and he went skiing. But I have the
feeling it was not altogether a successful venture. He never borrowed my
boots again. (Probably didn't fit with his big feet!).

Another time Bob wanted to get some outdoor exercise and he decided to take
up jogging. We both lived not too far from the high school where I taught.
The school had a regular lap track around the football field, so I borrowed
the dog leash from my pet Samoyed, "Pook", and hooked it onto Bob's belt and
around we went.  In those days I was in fantastic shape with athletic
prowess out the wazoo! Bob never went running with me aftere that either.

You might also ask Bob about the time he left his banjo in my car when we
went into a bar for a beer or three.

Cheers,

Bill "Bob is a gold mine of funny stories" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com