[Dixielandjazz] DJML Buttons/Badges

Robert S. Ringwald ringwald at calweb.com
Tue Feb 3 10:26:20 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kurt" <bowermastergroup at qwest.net>
To: "DJML" <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 7:08 AM
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] DJML Buttons/Badges

> Whether you call them buttons or badges  - I can make them.
>
> There was a short discussion on DJML a couple of days ago about coming up
> with a DJML 9th anniversary (March 13) button that members could wear
> proudly at the next OKOM event they attend.  Or simply a generic "DJML
> MEMBER" button.
>
> Listmate Judy Eames suggested that I ask other listmates for button/badge
> design suggestions.  The chosen design/wording could then be made into a
> limited edition button/badge, and I could take orders for them.
>
> Let me know OFF LIST if you have any button/badge design ideas or would
like
> to order one.  I figure $2 per badge would cover my costs to make them and
> mail them to the proud new owner.
>
> I first made DJML buttons (in very limited quantity) for a Bix Beiderbecke
> Festival F2F last year and sent a couple to Bob Ringwald.  If  you'd like
> any buttons for your jazz society or band, let me know  OFF LIST and we
can
> work something out.
>
> Kurt Bowermaster

 Kurt,

Through the years there have been DJML badges made up, including a batch
that ended up being free because they incorrectly said something such as
"DMJL".

Bill Gunter has designed the DJML logo.

BTW- don't forget that, linked to the DJML web site, is a DJML store where
all kinds of DJML items may be purchased.  One dollar per purchase is
donated to a fund which we hope, eventually will enable DJML to sponsor a
student to the STJS Youth Jazz Camp.

There are shirts of all kinds, hats, tort bags, cups, etc.

Wearing one of those items is a good way to identify yourself as a DJML
member when you are at a Jazz festival or concert.

I have often thought about someone, possibly Bill Gunter, designing a little
business size card, or possibly a 3X5 with a short explanation as to what
DJML is & how to join.  It could have the DJML logo & instructions as to how
to subscribe.

These cards could be handed out by DJML members, &/or placed on the tables
where fliers are placed at Jazz festivals, concerts & meetings.

Whatsay Bill?  I could help write the blurb.

Bob
mr.wonderful at ringwald.com
Placerville, CA USA