[Dixielandjazz] Surname changes

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Tue Feb 3 17:01:26 PST 2004

Ed Danielson said :

" BTW, has anyone heard the Ralph Sutton album recently issued by Arbors,
 "Wondrous Piano?"  Huey Lewis' father plays drums."

I have this aptly named CD (which I can recommend without reservation to
jazz piano buffs) however the drummer is listed as Hugh Cregg - does that
mean that Huey dumped his original surname?

It brings to mind another instance - Andy Fielding (another truly great
pianist) is Zeke Zarchy's son. How did the name Zarchy evolve into Fielding?

John Farrell