[Dixielandjazz] Re: listening to the old records-OKOM

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Tue Feb 3 07:45:11 PST 2004

Bill and Brian:
No argument on your choices of Bix titles. It is just that each of us hears
things with the particularly personal back ground of emotional response --
and the differences are not any reflection on your taste or mine, but merely
that wonderful fact that we are all unique personalities. Better than being
a colony of lemming clones that blindly followsleader into the sea without
stopping to remember that they can't swim.
My choices were merely my personal reaction to the music I've heard and my
own emotional rankings they have for me.
That's the great thing about jazz -- there's room for everyone and no need
to debate about choices.
By the way, Bill, did the downloads of pictures arrive okay at your end. If
not, let me know in a day or two and I will re-post them.
Don Ingle