[Dixielandjazz]Bix & Louis favourites

john petters jpettjazz at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 2 23:29:53 PST 2004

 Don said
>For Bix -- ah, that is a hard one -- so many for such a short life. I would
> have to say his chorus with Goldkette on Clementine for pure flowing
improv,
> and the felt hat muted solo on Sweet Sue with Whiteman as gentle tastiness
> that transends putting into a category. For hot, I would say that Bix's
> soaring take off on Ostrich Walk would be my all time favorite Bix ripper!

For me it would be the Bix & Tram of Mississippi Mud with Bing. great
playing by all concerned.
For Louis - there are so many to choose from , but I guss it would be Wild
Man Blue (Hot 7) where the breaks are tremondous and either Willie The
Weeper or Once in a While (Hot 7 & 5 respectively ) So much great music to
listen to.
John Petters
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ
www.traditional-jazz.com