[Dixielandjazz] RE: DJML - season of celebration

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 23:38:54 PST 2004

Tamas wrote
>> Why not on March 24, Judy when you'll meet the rest of The Boondockers
> (including DJML operator-supervisor Mr. Wonderful) plus myself? Plaese!!!

It begins to look like a Djml celebration "season" :-)  Anyone who can make
it, will be welcome in our village hall  (scene of CB7s triumph last
October).

Our guest on March 13th  is Jim Fryer, until now far better known in the UK
than  the US but all that will change now that he's joined the Titan Hot 7.

Our other guest is John Coghlan, who younger people might recognise as
having been the original drummer with Status Quo.  I'm all for a bit of
genre swapping if it'll bring in the curious and hook a few new followers.
John is getting a kick out of using his brushes after they gathered dust for
all those years and he thinks of things like making village hall people  get
the spotlights out of the cupboard to brighten things up, so we're on a
mutual learning curve:)

 The rest of the band's pretty good too but we keep them in Oxfordshire so
they don't get tempted by the big money elsewhere:-)

Tickets for this extravaganza are a mere ?8, email me if you'd like one.

The weekend before sees a John Petters Jazz Festival in Lowestoft in the
East of the UK.  Our Kaminsky Connection will be there with Paul Munnery,
Annie Hawkins and Frank Brooker among the line-up.  I'll leave it to John to
tell of the other delights, but after the gig  on  Friday night, Tony and I
will be staying on to hear the rest of the bands.

I think we should  have special celabration badges (or buttons as some
people insist on calling them, when everyone knows that buttons are for
overcoats)

Happy season,

Jude

Judy Eames