[Dixielandjazz] Identification of band players

James Kashishian kash at ran.es
Sun Feb 1 18:55:37 PST 2004

Richard wrote:
I have a r/r tape simply stating 'Teddy Buckner and his Dixieland
All-Stars' play Dixieland Jubilee.  No date listed.  Put out by
Tape-Mates from material from GNP Crescendo.  Any Buckner fans who can
identify the personnel on this long play tape?  Thanks, Dick

It is DJ-503 FRANK BULL AND GENE NORMAL PRESENT TEDDY BUCKNER IN CONCERT
AT THE DIXIELAND JUBILEE, October 15, 1955 at the Shrine Auditorium in
Los Angeles.

SONGS ARE:
Sweet Georgia Brown
That's My Home
Chimes Blues
Tailgate Ramble
Tin Roof Blues
How you Gonna Keep Them Down on the Farm
Bluin the Blues
Chinatown, my Chinatown
Dear Old Southland

PERSONNEL ARE:
Teddy Buckner - trumpet
Joe Darensbourg, Clarinet & sop sax
William Woodman Sr, trombone (his son played with Duke on trombone,
also)
Harvey O. Brooks, piano
Arthur Edwards, bass
Jesse Sailes, drums

I have another LP, The Teddy Buckner Band on the Sunset Strip with
Caughey Roberts on clarinet, Streamline Ewing on trombone, Chester Lane
on piano.  The rest of the band is the same as above.  THIS is the band
I used to go to hear at the Beverly Caverns in Hollywood in the late
1950's.  Sat in a couple of times, but was just a young kid then.
Nice memories.  Teddy was THE BEST, as my sons would say!

Jim