Fw: [Dixielandjazz] Charlie Parker

Tom Wood zenith at ans.com.au
Sun Feb 1 10:45:55 PST 2004

I LIKE IT MIKE, > Awfully tradly, but English rather than Britishly yours,
Mike.

When talking in a group with Acker Bilk at our STUD CLUB (Edinburgh) in 1959
a New Orleans musician criticised him for "going commercial", rather than
sticking to
New Orleans music, with his "Stranger on the Shore" hit number.
His answer at the time was "I have a wife and kids to feed".
Just got the Beatles Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band number out so we
can
play it at the Sgt. Pepper's Jazz-Club in Enkhuizen, Holland on Sunday 9th
May
Tom (ex-pat) Wood