[Dixielandjazz] Re: Two Cornets/Trumpets

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 1 10:33:46 PST 2004

on 1/2/04 9:15 AM, Kurt at bowermastergroup at qwest.net wrote:

> Thanks Bill.  As you and others have pointed out, Michael wasn't clear about
> the two cornets being the ONLY front line instruments.  If I had read that,
> I never would have responded in the first place. :)
>
> Cheers.

Dear Kurt, and others who may be interested,
I sidetracked myself with my reply to your 'two cornnet' comment and forgot
to say that a recent CD exists of Bob Barnard and Jim Cullum's 'Cornet
Copia' stuff.
Some of it was recorded as part of the Riverwalk 'Live from the Landing'
national radio program in 1993 (plus the 2 cornets and the 'Landing" rhythm
section from that period) and from April 2000 with the full band and the 2
cornets.
There are 3 tracks (11 minutes) made in Sydney, Oz in January 2000 with
Chris Taperell, p; Ed Gaston, sb; & Len Barnard, d.
And a 5.30 min "Wildman Blues" with Bob, Jim and pnist John Sheridan from
April 2000.
It was released in Australia on LaBrava CD LB0037.
Don Mopsick will know whether it is available in the US.
I would be very surprised if it isn't.
Well worth adding to the collection.
Very kind regards,
Bill.