[Dixielandjazz] Re: OKOM musicians and festivals

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Dec 23 14:27:06 PST 2004

Dear friends,
I had decided to keep out of this thread.
However, as these pertinent definitions just came in from an Aussie mate of
mine up north in Queensland, I thought it would bee a good excuse to pass
them on and wish 'youse ALL' a Happy Holiday Season.
We will be at the 59th Australian Jazz Convention in Stawell, Victoria,
Australia from 26th-31st December.
'Talk' to you in the New Year.
Kind regards,
Bill.

Jazz club -n. A place where people pay a lot of money not to listen to jazz,
most of which does not go to the musicians to whom they are not listening.

Jazz festival -n. A place where people pay a lot of money not to listen to
music that is probably not jazz in the first place.