[Dixielandjazz] December...

Rick Knittel knittelsportland at juno.com
Sat Dec 18 08:24:15 PST 2004

Jim;

One of the swinginest recordings of Christmas Jazz I have ever heard is
"Ira Ironstrings Plays Santa Claus". It was made in 1959 by Alvino Rey
and a bunch of studio musicians including Red Norvo. Each cut alternates
between straight, swing and Dixie. It is available through Google. I can
make a copy and send it to you if you are interested.

Happy Holidays

Rick Knittel - JAZZBONE
37 Ship Channel Road; South Portland, Maine 04106-5136
Phone; (207)-741-2407; fax 2409; Cell: (207)-233-3480;
E-mail; Knittelsportland at juno.com; Winter (mid Jan to mid April) Office;
7657 Bergamo Ave; Sarasota, FL 34238; Phone/Fax; (941)-924-5186