[Dixielandjazz] OKOM Bands - How Stupid Can We Be?

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 08:11:36 PST 2004

Personally I was very happy to pay a cut at Sacramento last yaer..... we
sold quite a few CDs and if we all benefited that was fine by me.  I fact I
was under the impression that all or most of the money went to pay taxes.

 I've never been asked for a cut at UK venues although I believe there used
to be a promoter who did it.  As for promoters being greedy I just had an
email from the director of Teignmouth Festival UK, saying that it had been a
success as they'd JUST covered costs.  Seems to be there aren't too many big
profits made these days

Cheers Jude  (always available for festivals and happy to pay a
percentage:-) )

Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection
Aston, Oxfordshire