[Dixielandjazz] Re: Songs one hates.

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Wed Dec 8 11:17:08 PST 2004

Speaking as a tuba player, I can somewhat agree with Tom Downs - the
song is OK, I guess, but it is the sort of composition where there is
really only one bass line that works well in the chord progression - it
is not open to a lot of tone or rhythm variation on the bottom end and
that gets a bit boring after the 3rd or 4th time around. We play it in
"And That's Jazz" a lot and i could do with less of it ;-)

If you sent the tuba out for drinks on that song it could be a problem,
Wiggins (unless you had a strong piano to hold the chords...)

Dave Richoux