[Dixielandjazz] World's Oldest Profession

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Dec 8 10:31:44 PST 2004

In a message dated 12/8/04 7:03:29 AM Pacific Standard Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

I thought rendering was what you did to pig fat to make Lard for Taco frying
and biscuit making :))   Think I'll try out my new use of the word next time I
meet up with a lady of the evening and ask her if she would mind rendering
me. :))   Might just start a whole new pickup line eh?  Hi Baby what's your
sign?  Wanna go up to my place and render me for a while?

ROTFLOL

Tom Wiggins,
 Musical content:  "I'm Professin that I love you" and "Teach Me Tonight"

> Steve Barbone
>
> PS to Larry. Teachers in the Boston - NYC - Philadelphia -Washington DC
> corridor all belong to Teachers Unions. They love the union and are very
> militant. Why? Because the union gets them short hours, long pay, full
> medical benefits and the respect of School Boards and folks whose children
> go to school. If the musicians union was as powerful and respected, you and
> I, as artists, would be making $100,000 a year for 150 2 hour gigs a year,
> plus a full benefit package.

Steve I suppose that would determine what kind of teacher you were, four of
my guys teach in the school system in California and they make about $25.00 an
hour and put in 8 hour days but do have health insurance and benefits.

   Some teachers in certain fields make more I am certain but most of the
ones I know after having been in the teachers union for many years don't make
anything close to $100,000.00 a year, at least in California where I think the
average is probably closer to $35,000.00 at least according to my sister in law
who has been one for over 30 years.

I also think that the Ladies who work the oldest profession should be allowed
into the Teachers Union, after all Don't they Teach?  And if you don't get it
right the teachers make you do it over and over and over again.  I love
teachers don't you?  Some of them make $100,000.00 a year, which if broken down by
the hour is pretty good earnings even if they don't get any respect.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins