[Dixielandjazz] Info Please, HOt 5 & Hot 7 Recordings

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 7 09:31:10 PST 2004

>>>I see that this Col set has a total of 93 songs, compared with 89 on the
JPS set. Is JPS missing something, or are there just more alternate takes
on Columbia?<<<

I don't have my set to hand, so someone else could maybe give some idea.  I do recall, however, that it includes several tracks not always considered H5 or 7, and combined with the fact that Columbia has never been much for alternate and unissued takes, I can see the potential for some major (though not necessarily important) discrepancies between the two sets,

--
Etc,

Fr M J "Mike" Logsdon
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
www.naorc.org