[Dixielandjazz] Wonderful World

john petters johnpetters at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Dec 7 08:37:21 PST 2004

Steve said
>Heck Jerry, WWW was a HUGE HIT IN GREAT BRITAIN when it first came out,
>quickly selling, I believe, about 600,000 records. It then became a HUGE
HIT
>worldwide, except for the USA. You chaps were prescient. :-) VBG.

Since when has selling 600,000 records been a yardstick for measuring the
quality of a record or a song. Sir Elton Toilet sold how many millions with
'Candle' and what an awful song that was.
Give me 'Cornet Chop Suey', 'Potato Head' or 'Once in a While' (Hot Five)
any time of WWW. As a song its OK, but take away Louis and the record is
garbage. Awful sixties rockish beat. It works better played as a straight
4/4 ballad. So I'm with Jerry on this
Cheers

John Petters
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ