[Dixielandjazz] Palm Court

Loerchen2 at aol.com Loerchen2 at aol.com
Tue Dec 7 07:20:34 PST 2004

I was at a party at the Palm Court last night and I don't think the woman at the door was wearing enough clothing to conceal a gun.  Some of the other patrons, however...

And the main reason for walking in the streets is that people who use the sidewalks move much too slowly for me.  Gotta walk fast so you don't look like mugger-bait  :-)

Besides, the streets are much cleaner than the sidewalks, and are usually in better condition!  (They've been doing road repairs in the Quarter all summer, so some of the streets are much improved.)

All this is what we market to the world as "quaint" and "charming."

Let this not discourage anyone from coming down to French Quarter Festival though!  I haven't heard the band lineup yet, but they're adding a new stage at the Mint, so it looks to be bigger than last year.

Sue