[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Concert Review

PATRICK LADD pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 7 04:56:00 PST 2004

<< I'm sure that the youngsters who were lineing up at the sales
table to buy CDs of the band and then getting them autographed will have
gone
to bed with good music ringng in their ears.>>

Hi all,

they were doing that here when I saw Barber earlier this year. That concert
was in the Wiltshire Music Centre, which is also  part of a local school.  I
had not seen that before.
Very interesting that during the chat to the audience by Barber he said that
musically, he has enjoyed the time since he formed the Big Band more than
any of his previous outfits. That is really saying something as he has been
around since the year dot.

Cheers

Pat