[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

ALSINGERPRESENTS at aol.com ALSINGERPRESENTS at aol.com
Mon Dec 6 21:53:39 PST 2004

TOM....putting good jazz on the same bill as Disney's Mickey Mouse would have
been quite a different matter than coupling good jazz with Sammy Kaye or Guy
Lombardo etc. ,even though THAT Mickey Mouse music was far more honest than
the  electronic stuff that dis-honors the word "smooth" today. Fact is the
Dixieland I heard in cartoons during my almost every weekend visit to the movies
combined with the Western Swing I heard in the Westerns  during the 1930's set
up my ears for Louis,Sidney, Johnny Dodds et al to begin  my life-long love
affair             with America's ever evolving art form through N.O.
,Dixie,Chicago,Swing/K.C. ,Be Bop, Straight Ahead ,Free and the rest of the REAL THING!!
 al singer