[Dixielandjazz] was Mississippi Mud/now Gourmet Beer

Len Nielsen lennielsen at telus.net
Fri Dec 3 21:13:27 PST 2004

This thread has not been all that active. It has, however, lingered on
for awhile and has finally drawn me in.

Up here in the Pacific northwest we have cold clear streams with near
pristine water (choke) so we don't find it necessary to drink mud.

Our beers and ales reflect this situation and while I was at the Sun
Valley, Idaho festival recently I came across a fine brown ale called
"Moose Drool" brewed by the Big Sky Brewing Co. of Missoula, Montana. I
assume this was 100% moose drool...tasted like it..I think. None of
those fancy additives, English Porter or Continental Pilsner (pip, pip
eh wot!!). Of course, the water is so clean that it supports plenty of
wild creatures so I won't guarantee that it is free of the odd trout
dropping or beaver pellets. Ah nature.

As for sleeping in a hollow log, this is a musical list, so.....

Last night I slept in a hollow log
With the bullfrogs all around me,
Tonight I sleep in a feather bed
With the girl I left behind me.

She jumped in bed and covered up her head
And said I couldn't find her
Etceteras, etceteras, etceteras as Jul Brynner was known to have said.

I was running out of printable lyrics. :)

Len Nielsen
Victoria Canada