[Dixielandjazz] Re: Blue Skies Singer

Robert Newman bobngaye at surewest.net
Fri Dec 3 18:26:15 PST 2004

Hey, guys -- Thanx for the tip on the video of the commercial.   That's the
whole segment -- it's only about eight bars or so with the intro and then
fades into the commercial voice-over.   My so-called two-clarinet part is
the intro, just before Maxine comes in.   Cal, there is no long trumpet note
in the commercial -- the long note is the alto sax softly descending behind
her with the greatest of respect.   That music is beautiful, as was all of
Maxine's -- right to the end.   Thank God we had several savored
opportunities to play with her during her last years.  I gotta get that
record.   I just gotta.