[Dixielandjazz] Don't people dance anymore?

Elazar Brandt jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Fri Dec 3 15:34:57 PST 2004

Hi Charlie,

Yes, I understood you. I just wanted to chime in, as I do now and then, to
comment on responses we get while playing where OKOM is not part of the local
culture. My point being that there is something natural about the music that
provokes dancing even from bods that are not familiar with this particular
music. I especially love the moves we often get from toddlers who get transfixed
by the whole experience of listening to us play and their little bodies start to
get into the grove seemingly automatically.

I barely recall a hilarious Abbott and Costello movie where they are in Latin
America and every time the soundtrack starts playing the Latin music (a la
Andrews Sisters doing their swing with a Latin flavor), Lou starts involuntarily
twitching to the music, causing him no end of troubles and plot complications.
Which I could remember which movie it was. Haven't seen it in ages, and wouldn't
mind seeing it again.

Elazar