[Dixielandjazz] Don't people dance anymore?

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Fri Dec 3 10:51:39 PST 2004

Great report, Elezar. I didn't mean to suggest that nobody dances to
OKOM, let alone that it isn't danceable, but that it's seldom on the
radar for most people since their culture presents them with other
musics for booty-shaking. It takes Steve's kind of activism and your
taking to the streets to spread the infectious rhythm. It won't likely
become a widely popular rage but it will put the music on more people's
cognitive maps and in their dancin' pants.

Charlie Suhor