[Dixielandjazz] Re: New Orleans Jazz Vipers; St. Louis

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 2 11:20:28 PST 2004

Larry (c: DJML)--
     It suddenly and belatedly occurred to me that (duh) you live in
St. Louis (you have to lean my nose against a cold fact to get the
brain in gear).
     Did you ever hear or see Singleton Palmer and/or his band live?
Didn't he play in St. Louis for years in Gaslight Square?  He was a
hell of a good tuba-player, and i collect his recordings.  Clark
Terry once said Palmer had the best dixieland band in America.  Ever
have any contact with him?

     Dan