[Dixielandjazz] Re: So bad it must be shared.......

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Dec 2 01:23:10 PST 2004

> The spelling of a minor chord is 3 half steps(minor third)  on the bottom with
4 half steps(major third) on top. A major chord is the opposite with 4 half
steps between the root and third and 3 half steps between the third and the
fifth.  An example is the Bb minor chord.  Count them Bb (root), B, C, Dflat (3)
(third)  Dflat, D, D#, E, F(fifth) (4)  Hence a Bb minor chord.<

Wow Larry,
How does one remember all that when playing "Runnin' Wild' at breakneck
speed with Jack Wiard on clarinet?
Just kidding.
Just as well that we do "Runnin' Wild in Bb.
Kind regards,
Bill.