[Dixielandjazz] Question for blues singers in the group

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Dec 1 16:00:47 PST 2004

In a message dated 12/1/04 3:39:32 PM Pacific Standard Time,
box2 at twotonbaker.com writes:

> Have any of you actually drunk muddy water and/or slept in a hollowed-out
> log?

Sure we have;  every Blues singer in New Orleans drinks Muddy Water, there is
no other kind in New Orleans, even the bottled water will get muddy if you
agitate or shake the bottle.  Ain't you never seen the Mighty Mississippi River
or Lake Pontchartrain they have of the prettiest Brown Muddy water in the
country.

Now I don't recall sleeping in a hollow log, but I have floated down a ricer
or two in one made into a canoe by my ancestors. :))   I have drank Muddy
Water and woke up this mornin' to tell about it.

I do however prefer muddy whisky which is environmentally better for your
health and state of mind, been known to make you forget you have the Blues, and
also been known to give you the Blues.  Danged ifin' ya do and danged ifin' ya
don't.

I believe I will Do.  Good Lawdamighty it's pert near Happy Hour agin, seems
it comes around every hour on the hour these days and the more hours that go
by the Happier and Happier I git.  Gotta keep chasin' them Blues Away from my
door.  Time to start training for the Holiday Season and all them folks
droppin' by with a bit of Cheer.

Cheers,

Tom (Blues & Booze in the Night) Wiggins