[Dixielandjazz] Indianapolis Record Collectors January Bash

Charlie Coleman charliew8fim at ncool.net
Wed Dec 1 10:16:17 PST 2004

Hello Listees:    FYI I am posting details of the IAJRC mid-winter record collectors convention in Indianapolis at the request of a few individuals who contacted me off-line after the last convention.   Unfortunately I don't recall who they were 8<(.    This is a small, low-key event but it is well worth the trip for anyone in the midwest who would enjoy a week-end of recorded and live jazz as performed by attendees and guest pros.
    "Tis time for our annual celebration of jazz fellowship in the midland musical outpost of Indianapolis.  We are a few days late in this trumpet blast, but if you are among the faithful ones from previous years, you will know that mid-January is the magic time.  Harken to the details, and plan to join your peers and peeresses (?) as we do our thing once more.  As the erudite like to say: mirabile dictu!  We shall observe our 20th anniversary with this gathering.
The dates:  Friday and Saturday, January 14-15, 2005.  Post time on Friday 11:00 a.m.  Some like to arrive on Thursday to meet friends.
THE PLACE:  The Clarion Waterfront Plaza Hotel & Converence Center, 2930 Waterfront Parkway West Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46214.  Phone (317) 299-8400.  (fax 299-9257).   Phone for room rates.  Mention IAJRC for special rates.
DIRECTIONS TO MOTEL:  By car, approaching from East, follow 1-70 throught Indianapolis until you reach west side, look for exit to I-465 North.   Follow 465 to exit 16-A (Speedway-Clermont).  Take FIRST right at traffaic light after exiting I-465.  You will go under the highway.  The motel is approximately 1/2 mile on your right, on the far side of a small lake.
>From West on I-70 or I-74, or north/south interstates, get access to I-465, and follow it to Exit 15-A  as above.  We are located on Indy's west side, about 3 miles north of the airport.
Our program is informal, with fellowship prevailing, live jam sessions, record tables (buy-sell-trade-browse) and the late-night listening session free-for-alls, plus the usual unannounced special features.   NO admission charge, NO display table charge.  Bring your wares, bring a friend, but do bring yourself!!
Duncan Schiedt (schiedt6 at aol.com)
Phil Oldham (poldham at iquest.net) "
I think that says it all.  A really great week-end.   Contact me off-line for further information.    Thanks for reading.    Charlie "What Am I Here For?" Coleman