[Dixielandjazz] Adieu, Jim Beebe

Len Nielsen lennielsen at telus.net
Tue Aug 31 20:30:38 PDT 2004

I would like to add my regrets about the passing of Jim Beebe, to those
already posted.

He was with the list a relatively short time but during that time he
made his presence felt. He was interesting. He was enthusiastic and he
showed a great love for the music he played to make a living. He was
sometimes very direct but I remember he could also apologize when he
thought he might have been to blunt.

He told many stories about the music and the people he met and it is
hoped that he got it all recorded in some form.

He sketched a pretty vivid picture of his trombone, across the room from
him, sitting on a stand gathering dust and when, shortly before he
stopped posting, he said that he thought it was about time to put it
away it seemed like he was telling us his future.

A New Orleans celebration would seem appropriate.

A few of my impressions.

Len Nielsen