[Dixielandjazz] Silence

Jon Seiger jseiger at rochester.rr.com
Tue Aug 31 19:32:35 PDT 2004

great topic!!!!

I worked with chuck folds for about 5 years, and I have to say, he is one of
the absolute finest stride piano players alive today.  He was doc cheatham's
favorite piano player, worked with roy eldridge for many years, and even
after years of working with him, he still managed to pull out new licks,
sounds, phrases, and ideas every single night that would blow your socks
off.  perhaps the best testimony to his playing and musicianship is that
even my modern jazz friends, upon hearing him, would always have extremely
positive things to say (while usually trashing even monster "trad" players).

on top of being an amazing musician, chuck is a funny guy, and great to hang
out with.  anyone who has not checked out his playing, is doing him-/her-
self a disservice.

jon seiger
www.jonseigerallstars.net
www.jonseigerallstars.com.ar