[Dixielandjazz] Washboard Festival

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Tue Aug 31 18:50:11 PDT 2004

In a message dated 8/31/04 6:39:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
robert at ringwald.com writes:

> Listmates,
>
> The Almost world famous (but not quite) Boondockers have been booked for the
> 5th Annual International Washboard Festival in Logan, Ohio, June 17, 18, 19,
> 2005.  This is our 5th year there.

Well, I guess you guys can now have bragging rights about having a Steady
GIG.

Hell of a commute however, :))

The Boondockers sure do play some exotic places, and I thought I was good at
finding gigs. :))   Been booking shows and bands for forty years and never
booked a date in Logan, Ohio in my life, always thought Logan was in UTAH, and I
don't book no bands or play any place that don't sell booze or allow you to
drink it.  That's always been Osmond country to me, and I'm a pretty Clean Cut
guy, but I ain't never been That Clean Cut. :)

Now they do have another unusual custom in Utah however that I could possibly
relate to, which is the ability to have several wives (at the same time that
is) now if they were all gainfully employed at decent salaries I could be a
fully retired musician and live quite comfortably that way provided they all
agreed to share my generous contributions to the institution.  I believe they
might find me quite entertaining which is definitely my calling in life. :)

Cheers,

Rev. Tom - Bob Wiggins