[Dixielandjazz] Re: More sad news - John DeFauw passes on

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Mon Aug 30 14:25:27 PDT 2004

Another sad bit of news. John De Fauw played on a Jazz Ltd. Reunion band
session with Jim Beebe and I in 1996 for the Illiana Club, and I was
listening to a Cd I made from a tape the sound man had given me. So there
were both of them were swinging along. Damn..too much cooincidence. Am I
next? Hope not.
John started "Jazz At Noon," first in a  riverboat onthe Cicago River near
the Loop off of Ohio, the at the old Marina Towers in Chicago in the 60's --
those sessions later moved to Andy's and helped establish the policy of live
jazz in mid-day times that still goes on.
If you didn't know, John was a Belgian by birth. His fahter was once
conductor of the Chicago Symphony. John was an architect, and specialized in
doiing restaurent interiors at one time.
Nice guy, good guitarist, and a strong supporter of jazz in the Big Windy.
Sorry to hear he is gone.
Tell Charlie not to worry -- there's always a new kid onthe band...I did it
ansd so did he, and there's always one in the wings waiting to be
discovered. Just make room onthe stand and give them a chance. John DeFauw
did that many times at this sessions.
Dank U, John
Don Ingle