[Dixielandjazz] Re: The OKOM500

Beth V bethv at portafortuna.com
Mon Aug 30 08:24:18 PDT 2004

How about "the silent majority" ?

I guess I fit in this category too. But then again, I'm rather new to the
Trad Jazz scene - I've loved it all my life but never knew it was
"organized" until I met John Howard who has since talked me into being on
the Vintage Jazz Festival Board of Directors. It's been a zany fun fest ever
since ;-)

Anyway, I enjoy listening to the conversations that float through my e-mail
via this list, and every so often am compelled to respond. Maybe someday
when I know more I'll be a more frequent contributor!

Oh, and by the way, thanks to Nancy for that great pitch about the upcoming
festivals in California this weekend. Come and enjoy the music! I only wish
we could all be in both places! Just FYI to all who ask - the hotel for the
Vintage Jazz Festival told us Labor Day was the only weekend available this
year, which is why we had to schedule on the same weekend as the Sweet &
Hot.

Beth