[Dixielandjazz] Jim Beebe

Gerard Bielderman gerardbielderman at freeler.nl
Mon Aug 30 00:20:39 PDT 2004

Over a year ago I contacted Jim about his records and he helped me very well
with the compilation of his own personal discography. Although it is not yet
complete he gave some very worthwhile details. He was very friendly.
As far as I know Jim made his last recordings on November 13, 2000 with the
Independence Hall Jazz Band for the Stomp Off CD1371.

Two weeks ago another fine trombone player died, Pete Strange, from Great
Britain. From 1983 on he played with Humphrey Lyttelton. He was 65.

Gerard Bielderman, Leie 18, 8032 ZG Zwolle, Netherlands
Publisher of EUROJAZZ DISCOS, SWINGIN' AMERICANS, SOUNDS OF NEW ORLEANS.