[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland tunes

Beth Villanyi bethv at portafortuna.com
Thu Aug 26 12:54:41 PDT 2004

Here Here!

Not only real tunes with real chords, but real melodies that can be
discerned and hummed later on the way home. I understand the improv solos
escape the melody but they do eventually come back, at least in MKOM.

And, in contrast to rap, for example, lyrics that you wouldn't be ashamed to
sing if your father were in the audience. Admittedly, my father was a
comedian so I could get a way with a LOT in the name of comedy, but you know
what I mean.

(Sneaking back in my lurker's closet to finish up the last minute details
for the Vintage Jazz Festival)
Beth