[Dixielandjazz] Don Lambert

Arnold Day arnieday at optonline.net
Thu Aug 26 07:40:13 PDT 2004

John,
Many thanks for those details. The Blesh session you refer to consisted of
40 tunes (!!) of which 13 were issued on LP by Solo Art, a label that has
long been owned by George Buck of The GHB Jazz Foundation/Jazzology Records
in New Orleans . It has never, to my knowledge, been trasferred to CD, but I
plan to contact George to ask about it and the other 27. He can be slow to
reply (due to advancing age and his hectic life) but I will post any
response I get.

Perhaps the main point I was trying to make is that the "Meet The Lamb" LP
was made from the Wallace Tavern tapes and (with a little patience) the
audio quality can be improved to what I would call VG+, so perhaps there is
hope that the other 200 or so tunes recorded there will make it to CD some
day in  reasonable good audio quality. It's only a matter of which comes
first, the CDs or the undertaker!
Arn