[Dixielandjazz] Re: Rakhmaninov's prelude (and more)

Arnold Day arnieday at optonline.net
Sun Aug 22 12:50:03 PDT 2004

And as a follow-up, courtesy of www.redhotjazz.com, Eckstein recorded with
the Melody Kings in Montreal in 1922 to 1924. So jazz made it North of the
border quite early and they sound quite good.

See:      http://www.redhotjazz.com/melodykings.html

He co-composed (with Billy Munro) the evergreen jazz classic "Hey. You Want
Any Cod Fish? (We Only Have Mackeral Today)." Presumably for contractual
reasons , they used the pseudonyms Ira Fish and Ura Herring.

There some pretty modern trombone playing for 1923 on 'Limehouse Blues', and
Eckstein has a pretty nice and amusing piano solo on 'Music Makes the World
Go Round.'

Cheers,
Arn