[Dixielandjazz] Re: Scots & 45 records

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 20 17:10:50 PDT 2004

> You mean: Resident "Scots" drummer - Scotch is a drink.

Indeed.  But I'm such diehard 18th century man that my use of the word
"Scotch" for the residents of Scotland was forever cemented by my
favorite Boswellian anecdote:

James Boswell once asked Sam Johnson what he would think if after he
died his Dictionary was to be edited by a Scotch Presbyterian, to which
the Great Cham replied something to the effect, "My dear Bozzie, in
order to be humorous one need not also be facetious."

I got a million of 'em,
--
Etc,

Fr M J "Mike" Logsdon
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
www.naorc.org