[Dixielandjazz] Re: CDs to Jazz Radio Station in Brazil

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 21:18:54 PDT 2004

In a message dated 8/18/04 9:01:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tmartino at terra.com.br writes:

> The producers also run a Jazz Appreciation Society which meets monthly
> in a local Hotel.
>
> They offer to their audience beneath their restricted radio range a mix
> of Jazz from the beginnings to the 60's; and Mr. Tibau happens to have
> been an old fan of my original Traditional Jazz Band, since the times of
> my extinct Jazz Club the OPUS 2004, in Sao Paulo, in the good old 70's
> days.
>
> So my friends, band-leaders, start to send your Band's CDs to the above
> P.O. Box address knowing that your music will be talked about and
> appreciated by an increasing number of newcomers.  Don't forget to
> include info about your playing places and contact;  This will bring to
> your place a flow of tourist visits and open the gates to your next
> successful tour to Brazil!   ;-)  And will expand Jazz audiences as we
> all are wishing and urging.
>
> N.B.: Lurkers are encouraged to send a copy of their favourite Band.
>
> Stomp off, let's go!
>
> Tito
> Tito Martino Jazz Band
> São Paulo  Brazil

You never know who will show up on this list folks which is why you should
always keep a positive attitude and be willing to go that extra mile which might
net you airplay on a radio station and lead to a paid tour or gig.

"Nothing ventured nothing gained"

My CDs are on their way to him Global Priority and I am already working on
setting up a tour in Brazil, now I have radio air play to help it happen on at
least One station, that's still how it happens folks one step at a time, one
radio, one newspaper, one television, one gig, one successful show followed by
more of the same and in about 15 years you become an over night success in
places other than your local shopping mall or pizza parlor once a month on old
folks night.

On this list we have very valuable friends in many countries to help us when
we need it, Tito layed back and checked this one out for the sceptics on the
list.  The early bird gets the worm however.  I have no problem throwing out a
bit of bird food to attract the Birds to take the Bait used to catch the Big
Fish. So to speak.

While some of you will be freezing your tucuses off  in six feet of snow I'll
be partying in Brazil with the oba oba girls,  and drinking cold beer with
Tito in the Sun, eat your hearts out.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins