[Dixielandjazz] Re: CDs to Jazz Radio Station in Brazil

Tito Martino tmartino at terra.com.br
Wed Aug 18 21:01:28 PDT 2004

Hi Listmates

Regarding the following plea forwarded by our listmate Barbone:

> Dear Sir.
> We are a small town in the middle of a Rural Zone and now we get a
> Comunity Radio and we have a Jazz Program every friday. It was a
> victory for us after 15 years "fighting" to get this station. Now we
> need the materials like jazz cds to keep our program alive. Please
> help us sending your jazz cd and we'll be aways thank to you. God
> Bless You Forever.
> Best wishes.
>
> Carlos Tibau
> Address: Cx.Postal 96642
> N.Friburgo - RJ
> 28601-970 - Brazil

I would like to grant as affidavit to the List that this mail is not a
scam, but a serious and well intentioned mail; and that the actual data
about the Radio Station are as follows:

Program: Clube dos Amigos do Jazz
Producers: Carlos Tibau and Eduardo Ramos
Radio ID: Radio Comunidade
Frequency: 104.9 FM
Place: Nova Friburgo (town), Rio de Janeiro (state), Brasil
Adress: PO BOX 96642   Nova Friburgo  28601-970  RJ Brazil

The producers also run a Jazz Appreciation Society which meets monthly
in a local Hotel.

They offer to their audience beneath their restricted radio range a mix
of Jazz from the beginnings to the 60's; and Mr. Tibau happens to have
been an old fan of my original Traditional Jazz Band, since the times of
my extinct Jazz Club the OPUS 2004, in Sao Paulo, in the good old 70's
days.

So my friends, band-leaders, start to send your Band's CDs to the above
P.O. Box address knowing that your music will be talked about and
appreciated by an increasing number of newcomers.  Don't forget to
include info about your playing places and contact;  This will bring to
your place a flow of tourist visits and open the gates to your next
successful tour to Brazil!    ;-)  And will expand Jazz audiences as we
all are wishing and urging.

N.B.: Lurkers are encouraged to send a copy of their favourite Band.

Stomp off, let's go!

Tito
Tito Martino Jazz Band
São Paulo  Brazil