[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 10:00:45 PDT 2004

In a message dated 8/18/04 5:24:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time, patcooke at cox.net
writes:

>     How many of the die hards who want to recruit other audiences would
> be willing to even listen to the music their prospective recruits like????

None:

>      If we must draw a line, how will we select a committee to determine
> where the line is?

Only Experts qualify for the self nominations and they also have final say in
all matters pertaining to Dixieland Jazz.

 Will they live long enough to come to an agreement??
Not a chance

 Do > we have to listen to them bicker about it??

Apparently So:

>      Pat Cooke

Apparently so Pat: All four of them, seems it is the only time and subject
they ever Post anything about.  Perhaps if these learned experts took more
interest in the DJML list and had anything interesting to say those of us outcast
non purists might not seem to dominate the postings.

It is a darn shame that music meant to be Happy and joyful has often
attracted some of the most unhappy people in the world who have become experts simply
by virtue of having lived long enough to have seen and heard a few legends
live, or at least profess to have done so.

Bah Humbug I say:

It takes all kinds of folks and opinions to keep a pot stirring and if you
don't stir the pot once in a while when the burner is still on it will burn on
the bottom of the pan.

Cheers,

Tom "I like ALL kinds of GOOD Music" Wiggins
And I have listened and played enough of it to know it when I hear it.

Familiarity breeds contempt I have heard, perhaps that is what has happened
to some of our list mates who only listen to one style of music so long that
they have simply developed contempt for anything else and anyone purveying
anything else.

Musical Content:
"Don't Worry Be Happy"
"Smile"