[Dixielandjazz] Re:WHERE DO WE DRAW THE OKOM LINE?

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Tue Aug 17 22:15:49 PDT 2004

It seems there are a number of folks who are not only willing to let others
tell them what they are supposed to like,  but it appears some feel it is
important to know what to dislike!  After all, if you're going to be an
aficionado, you can't be caught admitting you like some of the wrong stuff,
now....can you?  :-)
       I like a whole bunch of stuff starting with dixieland, swing,
straight ahead, mainstream, bebop, and a whole bunch of stuff that would not
be considered by most to be dixieland.  I really don't care what others call
it.
       Some dixie is great, some is not so great, and that's true for most
other genres.. To me its all jazz.  I don't have to have it defined before I
decide I like it or don't like it.
       Pat Cooke