[Dixielandjazz] Moonlight by Con Conrad

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Tue Aug 17 10:45:09 PDT 2004

Bill: I did a chart of it for our Michigna Nighthawks, but am scrambling my
brain cells to get the chords down -- lots of little passing chords. Rosie
McHargue did a chart of it for the Ted Weems band at the time my dad was on
it and it is a great record. Some light stops with tasty drums fills by Orm
Downes, one of the most underrated or unknown of the big band drummers --
except among other drummers who gave him big respect.
My rudimentary changes -- in C for ease of thinking sans piano is:
C| D7///| ////| G7///|  Dmin7/G+7/||        Repeat first 12 bars then  D7///
Close eough for jazz -- or at least a uke. Accordians need not  apply!!
Fr. Don of the Church of Holy Lead Sheets while you wait.
17, 2004 12:24 PM
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Moonlight by Con Conrad