[Dixielandjazz] Re:WHERE DO WE DRAW THE OKOM LINE?

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Mon Aug 16 22:38:41 PDT 2004

Draw the line????  Why does there have to be a line?  Here we go again...the
classifiers, pigeon holers and the "knowledgeable" experts will all now come
out and give us their version of where "the lines" are drawn....Each of them
totally agreeing with each other....yeah, right.
       Of course, none of us discriminating jazz lovers want to admit to
liking something that was deemed to be something other than the "expert's"
idea of true jazz.
        A question:....If you really liked Artie Shaw, and the
"knowledgeable experts" all agreed that true jazz did not include Artie
Shaw, would you stop liking Artie Shaw, or just stop admitting that you like
him??
        Pat Cooke