[Dixielandjazz] Re:WHERE DO WE DRAW THE OKOM LINE?

DWSI at aol.com DWSI at aol.com
Mon Aug 16 12:13:24 PDT 2004

TO LISTMATES & OKOM LOVERS. We're  always complaining about "modern" jazz
overshadowing our  beloved "traditional" jazz and I sing loudly in this chorus.
But now I stop  and wonder: Where do we draw the line between them? By year? If
so, what year?  By some artist? If so which one? For example, would you say
traditional jazz  includes Artie Shaw, or Miles Davis, or Charlie Parker? I'd
really like to know  where my knowledgeable friends would draw the line between
traditional (OKOM)  and whatever else they now call jazz.For my own sanity.

Dan (piano fingers)  Spink