[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans Jazzfest difficulties - long article

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Sun Aug 15 20:48:05 PDT 2004

Tom - it is best to make your points using correct information. Your wrote:
>The Grant pots are running out of money as well, since we are at the
highest
point of unemployment since the Depression years<
Not correct. We are currently at 5.5 percent as of last week's listing --
Depression unemplyment ran as high as 40+percent. In his re-election run,
Clinton was boasting a low rate of 5.6 percent, higher than it is under
Bush, but now it is called a bad rate at 5.5. Depends on whose ox is being
gored today, eh?
During the final year's of Carter's term, some areas had rates of 17
percent -- over 11  in Michigan, plus a high inflation rate.
While your points on fund raising are well taken, using incorrect
information to make them will cast doubts on their reliability.
Sorry to be a nag, but there is enough mis-information passed on about our
economy as it is.
Don Ingle